funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Get your computer viruses here!]

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:00:09 -0800

On 12/28/05, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
In short, I think Val should continue, and we all see what happens.

Agreed!

You have to look at these things from a historical prospective:

When humans invented the shovel we did many things with that shovel.
We dug holes, moved rocks, killed people with it, broke it up for
firewood, some remade the shovel into the spade, others remade it into
the trawl.

The point is that no matter what invention we humans get our hands on,
we will probably see every use imaginable for that product and some
unimaginable ones to boot. Nothing we say or do will stop or prevent
the chaos that follows new technology (50 years is still pretty new).

We will see every form of dissemination of information as well as
attempts to cull or stop the spread of it by both government and
individuals.

Me? I am gonna sit back and  learn to enjoy this oft repeated dance
that history shows we must enjoy very much (library at Alexandria).
Not to say that I wont try and help humans to do the right thing, just
that I wont be surprised when we dont.

-JP
"I am getting more and more bohemian as people steal more and more of my stuff"
-JP