funsec mailing list archives

RE: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

From: "Randy Abrams" <abrams () eset com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:05:22 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org
[mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org] On Behalf Of Dude VanWinkle
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:44 PM
To: Drsolly
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org; Blue Boar
Subject: Re: [funsec] Re: Malware sharing? People are full of
shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

This is the "information should be free argument". The
reply to that
is "If you believe that, then please post your credit card and
identity information on a public site"

Some information should not be disseminated. Your credit
card number
(and
mine) are examples.

They are disseminated freely among credit companies,
government agencies, and corporations.
Choicepoint, those ppl who send you credit card offers,
expierion, etc. all have your info, they all abuse it, and
they all will sell your info to me if I wanted it.
Information should be "pay only or stolen" then?

Why leave out all of the other or options. This isn't black and white you
know. How about or laws are tightened to allow recourse for abuse, etc. You
are way to limiting in your views. Try a color monitor :)

Randy