funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:03:44 +1300

Drsolly to Gadi:

How is you making it available, or SOMEONE ELSE for that matter, a Bad
Thing?

Because the Bad Guy who didn't get it anyway, now can get it.

_AND_ you look dirty by making it available.

It is hypocritical to say "Internet as a whole, please trust me, my
intentions are good" and then make bad stuff, and "good stuff" that
will further help the makers of more bad stuff, freely available.

Now, call me odd, but I (and, very many others) find it _really_
difficult to trust abject hypocrites...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald