funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: The end of Phishing in sight?

From: "Douglas F. Calvert" <douglasfcalvert () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:33:49 -0400

Those things aren't a problem in Europe. ID theft is essentially a non
issue at this point. I'd say the problem is not only technical... but
socio-cultural. I haven't seen a belgian check in the last seven years
for example.

I apologize for my ignorance, I am not trying to be a pain in the ass
I just don't understand why you think these issues are so prevalent in
the states.Why is ID theft a non-issue in Europe? What are we doing
wrong in here in the states? And what is not seeing a check evidence
of?

--
--dfc
douglasfcalvert () gmail com