funsec mailing list archives

Re: so, is I[dp]S a STUPID technology?

From: Robert Edmonds <edmonds () cc gatech edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:00:26 -0400

Paul Schmehl wrote:
But, and again, maybe you just don't know edu, it just isn't possible to
patch *every* box and eliminate *every* vulnerability because - while I'm
typing this to you, so smart 20-year-old CS major is installing a default
version of Debian on his workstation and he's absolutely *certain* he has
no exposure to risk because - well hell - it's UNIX!!!  And his box will
get hacked.  And I'll discover that.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I should be offended by this anecdote.

--
Robert Edmonds
edmonds () cc gatech edu