funsec mailing list archives

RE: Re[2]: French ruling party having a riot on the Internet

From: "Brian Azzopardi" <brian () gfi com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:52:49 +0100

G'day,

It's about the same thing as saying racial riots are about to explode any day in Los Angeles, or to say that US
political stability is undermined by the > large numbers of current scandals in the administration.

Well, when racial riots did explode in LA they was indeed a threat to political stability. As for the scandals, they
undermine public confidence, what little is left, in the administration - nothing to do with wider stability yet.

The European countries that didn't go to war did not base their decision on the presence of immigrants on their soil.

I sure hope so! It would be a sad day when the foreign policy of France was dictated by immigrants. Steyn was just
being his neocon self when he wrote that bit of fiction.

What those US pundits don't fully realize is that today, huge parts of the European society have unfortunately become
profoundly anti-American.

Most bits of Europe were always anti-American. The latest, misguided, adventure fanned it some more.

the piece omits the fact that the French Muslim organizations, both officials and informal, have been _very_ active
trying to calm down the riots.

Even if their words are effective (doubtful), they will not solve the root cause of the riots. The structural causes
will not be solved by having imams issuing fatwas against the rioters, but by racial integration and sounder economic
policies, which brings me to:

The problem is essentially a socio-economical issue in France.

Indeed, that is what I said in the first email: non-integrated immigrants. When combined with a welfare model which
does not place enough emphasis on creating jobs, then you get ghettos and disaffected 'French' youths. I don't consider
them French for the simple reason that their loyalties ultimately lay elsewhere.

Regards,
Brian