funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft and free speech

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:27:26 -0800

rms () computerbytesman com wrote:
You may
not disclose the results of any benchmark test of the .NET Framework to any
external third party outside your organization without Microsoft's prior
written approval. You can e-mail benchnet () microsoft com for more specific
details on obtaining this approval.

Database vendors in particular have been trying this for years. So far, it has not held up. Magazines would print benchmark results and dare the vendors to do anything about it. I don't believe any of them have.

Of course, it hasn't "failed" in the sense that a court has shot it down, as far as I know.

                                        BB