funsec mailing list archives

RE: OT Ferrari Enzo crash

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:06:47 -0600

 Mike:
I don't know about the rest of it, but I totaled my truck and
rolled/flipped end over end 3-4 times at around 85-95mph, and
walked away with only a bruised shin where I kicked the
underside of the dash, and a bruise on my head where the roof
crushed in and hit me. In a well designed vehicle, it's
certainly possible to survive a crash at relatively high speed.

Agreed. German cars are normally designed with very high-end speed in
mind. It goes without saying that the Enzo would be designed even better
for high-speeds. Therefore, non-serious injuries seems right if all
safety measures worked correctly. Now, I don't know much the features in
the Enzo, but I was thinking some cars had automatic sensors that
detected passengers in the seat and therefore enabled the passenger side
safety systems. Does the Enzo even have a passenger side airbag? The
article would seem to lead to that guess, so why didn't it go off?
Wasn't it totally disabled? Or is it even possible to totally disable
it? If not..then why didn't it go off?

He owns the Enzo...so he has money, why make up a story? I smell
fish..but not sure of the direction.

-Todd