funsec mailing list archives

Re: Duh - Chaining Zeno?

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:55:12 -0500

On 2/24/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:15:50 CST, RLVaughn said:

"We also showed theoretically how to obtain the answer without ever
running the algorithm, by using a 'chained Zeno' effect."

It's shit like this that gets you '42' as an answer....

The quantum counterfactual is one of the most weird aspect of the whole
theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfactual_definiteness

It seems to me that Heisenberg is assuming that we will always use
invasive technology to measure particle movement and velocity, but if
we develop a passive way of measuring the momentum and positions, then
wouldnt we be able to know both at the same time?

-JP