funsec mailing list archives

Re: another VX site?

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 19:44:39 +0200

Pierre Vandevenne wrote:
Good Evening,

Hey, that's a great idea. Why didn't anyone think of it before!

OS> I am well aware of CME-

There were earlier attempts. That one for example

A New Virus Naming Convention
At a CARO meeting in 1991, a committee was formed with the objective
of reducing the confusion in virus naming.  This committee consisted
of Fridrik Skulason (Virus Bulletin's technical editor) Alan Solomon
(S&S International) and Vesselin Bontchev (University of Hamburg).

Who are these bozo's? Never heard of `em!

Especially that guy Solomon, who is he? Next you will tell me he would give me socks for my vote.

        Gadi.