funsec mailing list archives

RE: Here's how to get on the NSA's radar screen

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:22:18 -0500

Yes, I've seen a fair number of Jihadists Web sites.  Many of them were
hosted by Everyone's Internet (ev1.net) out of Texas.

The murders of Daniel Pearl were busted by this Hotmail email message which
was sent from the IP address 216.236.222.43:

(See http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/05/08/world/main508294.shtml)

"Hot News" <kidnapperguy () hotmail com> on 01/26/2002 11:00:01 AM

To:    mmCE () pak gov pk, letters.herald () dawn com, info () paknews com,
      editor () paknews com, nicolo () hk super net,
      representations () media-scope com, majmedia () signet com sg,
      ky168 () ms14 hinet net, blei () blei inet it, ppn-london () publicitas com,
      ikon1 () emirates net ae, ppn-newyork () publicitas com,
      fakhar () ptv com pk, editorjang () jang com pk, editornews () jang com pk,
      abramowitz () washpost com, achenbachj () washpost com,
      allenm () washpost com, chuck.babbington () washingtonpost com,
      belmanf () washpost com, rajiv () washpost com, circulation () nytimes com,
      letters () nytimes com, editorial () nytimes com,
      executive-editor () nytimes com, managing-editor () nytimes com,
      national () nytimes com, foreign () nytimes com, publisher () nytimes com,
      president () nytimes com, letters () latimes com
cc:    kidnapperguy () hotmail com