funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: [privacy] Frank Rich: Will the Real Traitors Please Stand Up?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:55:51 -0400

On Mon, 15 May 2006 11:04:18 CDT, Brian Loe said:

Oh I see, you misunderstood what he said. We COULD be creating
concentration camps and filling them with suspected
terrorist...Muslims, but we're not.

Right. We're budgeting money to build camps without any clear idea
who we're going to put in them.  And that will increase the pressure
to find some "enemy of the state" to put in there to justify the cost..

                                    We've learned from that mistake,
perhaps. The President has gone TOO far out of his way to say this is
not a war against Muslims, IMO, and therefore has no intentions of
setting up concentration camps. He's also done pretty well in not
censoring the press!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/

Now about that "big ass database of all calls".  Are we hunting terrorists
or journalists who print things embarrassing to the people in power?