funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Verizon Won't Give Government 'Unfettered' Record Access

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:38:00 -0500

On 5/15/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
And the distinction is what, exactly?  Remember that the NSA definition
of "analyzing in bulk" is "tracking *all* the connections"....

If anything, that's even worse.  Tracking *me* because of some specific
incident is bad enough.  Tracking me and 4,000 people who are within
3-degrees-of-connected with me is a whole nother kettle of fish...

Trending, monitoring, probably other terms my simpleton vocabulary can
not think of right now...not tracking. To "track" you they'd have to
be looking at YOU. Why would they be doing that? This is black
helicopter, tinfoil hat BS! Get over yourselves, you're not that
important to anyone.

I am NOT saying that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to
fear - eventually, everyone has something to hide. However, this is
not the sky falling. Its not even new news.