funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Verizon Won't Give Government 'Unfettered' Record Access

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:32:17 -0400

On Mon, 15 May 2006 09:23:33 CDT, Brian Loe said:
On 5/15/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

I must respectfully disagree with you, and most importantly
the SCOTUS, on this issue. Tracking who, when, and where I make
telephone calls is constitutionally intrusive, in my opinion.

But they're not tracking shit - they're analyzing it in bulk.

And the distinction is what, exactly?  Remember that the NSA definition
of "analyzing in bulk" is "tracking *all* the connections"....

If anything, that's even worse.  Tracking *me* because of some specific
incident is bad enough.  Tracking me and 4,000 people who are within
3-degrees-of-connected with me is a whole nother kettle of fish...