funsec mailing list archives

Re: turn in your knives!

From: Andrew <andrewwilly () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:22:00 -0700

Andrew wrote:

Guns facilitate murder, they make it easier, they make it more accessible to the cowards and invalids that may otherwise avoid violence. That said, I don't think fewer guns has much, if anything, to do with less gun violence in England than in America. There simply is just less violence in England altogether. The English are admirable in this and many other respects.

I should have said 'murder' instead of 'violence'. I don't know how often the Brits are beating each other up or abusing their children, I'd just read they don't kill each other as often as lots of other people do.

Andrew