funsec mailing list archives

Re: turn in your knives!

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:24:15 -0500

On 5/24/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Gun homicide rate, per million population

USA       44.6
England    0.8

You keep your guns and shoot each other, it's no skin off my nose. We'll
hang on to our freedom, thank you very much.

That's what it probably was BEFORE your gun ban. Big deal - who cares?
For that matter, what source are you using today?

> As I told you before, and you casually fluffed off because "your ban"
> has worked so well, only law-abiding citizens obey laws - criminals,
> by definition do NOT.

Why do you think that?
I think that criminals ignore laws because they're criminals.

Criminals obey most laws. If they didn't, they'd be
spending most of their lives in prison. They choose carefully which laws
to break.

And your point is what?

So, the penalty for armed burglary is so much greater than for burglary,
that people contemplating burglary dont carry guns. At least, they don't
in England - I guess they do in the USA. So, as I said, you Americans can
go on shooting each other; we'll go on living.

No, they DO carry guns when the rob you in the UK - you should maybe
visit the actual Home Office web site, and the real reports they have
there.

They also have MANY more HOT burglaries - and when the resident is
aware of the burglary it leads to violence over 50% of the time (going
on memory here, but I already posted the link to the report for your
verification).