funsec mailing list archives

Re: turn in your knives!

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 19:33:47 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 5/25/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
My point is that your "thinking in slogans" doesn't work.

A criminals slogan: "We commit crimes!"

Explaining why it doesn't work might make a better "point". I'm not
sure where you'll go to get evidence against common sense but I
welcome the attempt.

Your argument is that having a law against carrying a gun, doesn't stop
criminals carrying guns, because "criminals commit crimes".

The argument is incorrect - it stops *some* criminals from carrying guns,
because each criminal only commits *some* crimes.