funsec mailing list archives

RE: turn in your knives!

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:36:51 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 24 May 2006 Blanchard_Michael () emc com wrote:

  I don't have time to check out the new law right now, but are they
expecting chef's knives, steak knives and butter knives to be turned in
along with Machetes, swords, etc as well?

No, they aren't.

  What in the world are you going to spread Marmite with now?  Well, as
a young child I used to use a spoon to spread jam on my toast, I suppose
a spoon could be used to spread butter and Marmite with as well....

A trowel.

  I'm waiting for the next "amnesty program"  "turn in your pointed
sticks now!"  then it will be "turn in your un-ripened bananas now!"
What after that?  "turn in your fists now!"  "turn in your stones, your
dirt, your salt, your pepper, ugh.... Unbelievable....

  Does anyone actually think this is a GOOD thing to do?

Yes. It costs very little to do, and you get a lot of
knives-used-as-weapons off the streets. It would, of course, be pointless
in America, where the kids use guns.