funsec mailing list archives

Re: turn in your knives!

From: Gary Warner <gar () askgar com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:17:27 -0500

Brian Azzopardi wrote:

I think we all agree that it would be better to live in a country where
you don't feel the need to carry a gun to feel safe. Or the Stilton.

However, if people do feel the need for a gun, then there is a bigger
problem that needs solving.

Agreed, Brian . . . wish I knew the answer.

I'm not "anti-gun", just sharing an interesting statistic. I don't carry myself, but I do enjoy shooting (we had "range day" recently with the local FBI, and I enjoyed shooting a Springfield, Glock, and Colt handguns, a Thompson .45 and MP-5 submachine guns, a shotgun, and a Springfield .308 Sniper rifle (where I put 4 bullets in a 2 inch square target at 100 yards). But for all the fun I had shooting them, other than an old bird hunting shotgun on a shelf in the garage with shells so old I'd be afraid to shoot them, there are no firearms in my home.

_-_
gar