funsec mailing list archives

Re: turn in your knives!

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 17:54:54 +0200

On Fri, 26 May 2006 20:07:38 +0200, Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com> wrote:
Blanchard_Michael () emc com wrote:
   A pocket knife, stilleto, switchblade (flip
knife I think it's called in UK), I can see...
My favorite example: One of the catalogs I get has fantasy-themed swords. As in, you can buy replicas of the Lord of the Rings weapons, D'rizzt's swords, Klingon swords, and so on. In the past there has been one sword... 3 or 4 foot long blade, sharpened I believe. That particular sword cannot be shipped to CA. Because if you press a button in the hilt, two little 2 or 3 inch spikes pop out near the hilt, under spring control.

Most of those swords are useless replicas that would hold an edge for about 3 seconds and break before they hit bone - not really much of a threat...