funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: knife ban going to work?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:41:53 -0500

On 5/25/06, Jarrod Frates <jfrates.ml () gmail com> wrote:

It was a small fraction *before* the gun ban.  Through much of the
United States, the murder rate is much closer to (though still
somewhat higher than) that of much of Western Europe.  Poorer
neighborhoods, however, tend to have very high levels of crime,
including murder, and since our "poor" areas can encompass tens or
even hundreds of thousands of people, the aggregate numbers can change
significantly.

Excellent point. Take out the murders related to the illegal
trafficking of drugs and our murder rate would probably drop to a
world-wide average.

I support the legalization of most drugs, btw, but its not on the
radar screen of either major party or any major politician.