funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] preserve your privacy and avoid reliance on flawed systems (was: Dispute Credit Card Charges at Your Peril)

From: der Mouse <mouse () Rodents Montreal QC CA>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:10:30 -0400 (EDT)

I don't use mobile phones, because I really don't like the idea
that anyone can interrupt what I'm doing wherever I am and demand
to talk to me (I also rarely give out my landline phone number).
If that's the only problem, it's trivial to fix - just leave the
phone set silent!
Or leave out the battery.

Well yes, but then it has no use - well, unless you carry the battery
along, just not in the phone (or, equivalently, carry it turned off).
If you leave it set silent, you can still use it to make calls out
without having to wait for it to boot.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca