funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] preserve your privacy and avoid reliance on flawed systems (was: Dispute Credit Card Charges at Your Peril)

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:13:18 -0400

On 6/26/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:22:35 CDT, Brian Loe said:
Most phones in the US now have GPS. I believe there was even a law
passed requiring GPS capabilities in ALL new phones and to phase out
the older ones. This is to improve 911 service, of course.

Of course.  :)

If we already know where you are before you even dial 911, we can make
the response that much faster.

Anybody know of a good list of phones that will cheerfully chirp their
GPS location, but only after you dial 911?

Yeah, go back to 1998 and buy a phone ;-)

This one is also scary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E911#VoIP_Enhanced_911

-JP