funsec mailing list archives

Re: Daughter's computer

From: "Stephen John Smoogen" <smooge () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:24:20 -0600

On 4/28/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Drsolly wrote:

Date sent:          Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:38:02 +0100 (BST)
From:               Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>

Clorox sounds like something you get in foreign countries, what would be
the equivalent here? Windowlene?

I'd suspect Windowlene is like Windex: based on ammonia.  Chlorox is a chlorine
bleach.

Do not mix up the two  :-)

Why? They're both alkali, so you wouldn't get much of a reaction.

I think ...

No, wait, the Chlorox would be acidic , wouldn't it? So you've get a great
white cloud of Ammonium Chloride, I remember I did that once.

Ah, happy days in the chemistry lab ...

And for a moment there I thought we were going to see Valdis prove his
point.. Even better is that you can light the resulting poisoness gas
for quite an effect. [I think the is actually a gas of (NH3)OCl which
then combusts down to various other yummy nasal cleaning variants.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator