funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Finance Sector Weighs In on Net Neutrality

From: Kevin McAleavey <kevinmca () nsclean com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:15:22 -0400

 I'm gonna guess that you don't understand the "rocks float" concept of U.S. "gubbamint" ... who decides what's fair?
POLITICAL APPOINTEES who inhabit "public service" or "public utilities" commissions in individual states, all appointed
by the respective governors based on their own political phantasms ... and at the "los federales" level, "El Presidente
and Dada for life" ... political hacks who listen to "the will of the campaign contributors" whatever their bent.    :)

 Rest assured, there are two principles which explain all of our government ... first of all, "rocks float" (logic be
damned) and "lowest bidder" when buying, "highest bidder" when selling ... Americans need to ask themselves as they
shake their heads, "How much did YOU give your elected leader? HOW much? Well THERE'S yer answer!" It ain't ABOUT
"common Sense!" THIS is "Uh-merica dammit! You're either WITH us, or agin' us." Heh.

 The REAL costs are additional SLAM's, additional fiber to the hub to cover the bandwidth sold, and in the end
additional "BEEGY PIPE" and stringing it or burying it. The REAL issue for the telcos is that "cable telephone" (VOIP
by cable television) is eating their lunch. And hanging glass is expensive. It was fair game under their "charge it to
dialup" in the old days, but currently their only "regulated recovery of costs" is onto the landline customers. And the
landline customers are no longer "willing to bear" ... they see the ADVERTISED costs of cell (we'll conveniently forget
all of those "hidden costs" which make a US$19 per month cell bill to add up to $59 or better) and many have cut their
copper entirely. And the telcos can take THIS back to the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) which ultimately
reviews "rate cases" irresepective of the various state regulatory authorities.

 But suffice it to say that antigravity is REAL! Folks here VOTED for it! Heh. Bottom line though requires a wee bit of
skill in New York City living ... "three card monty" (google if required) ... "find the queen, find the queen, find the
queen! EVERYBODY's a winner!"     =)