funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Finance Sector Weighs In on Net Neutrality

From: Kevin McAleavey <kevinmca () nsclean com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:31:52 -0400

 Inlined for your zen-tertainment ...

At 06:14 PM 5/3/06, Unca Solly wrote:
But this isn't Uh-merica. It's the internet. Government restriction on
trade drives trade into other countries, provided the factory is movable.
And Google, Yahoo etc are *very* movable.

 Heh. I ssume that you're not "with us" but rather "against us."   =)

 You OVERestimate the steampower of our political meat-roms. They actually believe that ALABAMA can set all standards.
Look at our TELLY fer krimminy's sakes! "Y'all cast off yer pilgrims" ... thank you very much ... not! They're in
charge here again. Where's them damned redcoats when we needs 'em?    =)

 But seriously ... do you expect gasbags zizzing endlessly throughout space to even GET that concept? Ask any admin
who's had to get on the horn with "Bangalore Bob" for support. Meanwhile, the wrong-wingers are trumpeting how GREAT it
is, just bend over and like Oliver Twist, you'll get "MORE?!" ... sorry, it's that "Pax Americana" thing (google if the
words are meaningless). Heh.

 But yeah, they haven't a clue ... but you KNEW that.   =)

Your best hope is that most of the internet, and about 99% of the world
population, is outside the USA. You can legislate that evolution didn't
happen, but only in your local area.

 Yeah, we'll see what y'all think when "faith-based internet" comes to YOUR neck of the woods. Heh. Seriously though
... I cracked wise a few days ago about "Taylor Bow" and it seems that few "got it." "Porn sites" are the BEST hunting
grounds for nasties before the AV's find them for me, and that name is merely a popular "porn star" ... but as far as
the alleged reach of the US Gubbamint, behold what's usually right there on the front page of sites even in Netherlands

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement

 Yes, God's Own Party swaggers on the internet too ... or should I defer to "fearless leader" and call it "sashays? ...
manly Texas style of course." We CLAIM to be a "republic" but try to sell "democracy" elsewhere, just chalk me up as
one of the few who recognize that our form of gubbamint is a "hypoCRACY" ... moo.   :)