funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Finance Sector Weighs In on Net Neutrality

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 23:52:39 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 5/3/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
On Wed, 3 May 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

You're wrong on more levels than I care to address, but here's two:

1) There is no better system than the free market system. In the days
when it was experienced, it was beautiful. YOU have not experienced
it, regardless of where you live. THIS (what we have in the US) is not
a free market. It IS, however, the most free market around...

Apart from the UK, of course.

Heh! I wouldn't consider the UK's market "free" either - for the same
reasons as the US'...mostly due to welfare programs (be it for the
lazy or to prop up farmers and such with subsidies and of course the
various bs regulation governments feel compelled to create).

As for being better than the US' market - well, some days yes, some days no.

You're just envious of our freedom.