funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] US vs EU

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:30:35 -0400

Brian,

This is just one story. There are privacy breaches and privacy
supporters in the UK, just like there are here. This story is from the
register, which is a UK based paper. They are going to take the
position that their country is better than ours. It is important to
note where a story is coming from and see the bias in the articles.

After establishing where the bias is (and therefore what you cannot
trust) you can now read the article for the bits of information that
are of import or useful/interesting. Namely, in this article, the US
vs UK "who can snoop on who" battles which I thought was interesting.

-JP<dont believe everything you read>