funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] US vs EU

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:59:36 -0500

To answer both of your posts asking the same thing, I read a limited
amount of foreign news ("print is dead"). Unless I get a link via the
various lists I subscribe to, I don't visit foreign news companies. I
do, however, listen to the BBS feeds on Sirius as well as Reuters, AP,
etc.. The "homepage" I use for a "news portal" pulls from those
sources and several others around the world.

If you've got a suggestion of a news site to visit occasionally - let
me have it. If you have some examples of stories about what you're
security agencies are doing, even better (I found a couple simply
searching).

Still, this isn't quite my point. The original post made no mention of
M* while discussing the possible spying on English citizens. Why not?
Aren't they as likely to be working WITH the CIA/NSA as against? Of
course... I guess you can call it bad reporting but then that must be
the standard over there then because NONE of the articles posted on
this list (at least THIS list - which does have its own bias, of
course) are any better.