funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] US vs EU

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:33:42 -0500

On 8/28/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

I was assuming this because thats what happens in this country when
you try and sue the govt. I just assume that all democracies are
equally corrupt ;-)

Democracies are as corrupt as the People...err, the People in the majority.

This may be a lost in translation thing. A lawsuit is the only way to
change a law in this country. You can sue people, pets, corporations,
govt agencies, states, fish, etc. ;-)

There are lots of ways to change laws - but lawsuits aren't one of them.

"We have had 2,600 years to prove democracy works, and have as of yet
failed to provide such proof"

This is your quote?

Either way, it should be noted that 200 years ago a lot of ink and
paper was spent on explaining why the US is not a democracy and why
democracies don't work. A little later than that a Frenchman explained
it even better, but didn't provide a positive outlook for any
government type (Bastiat, The Law).