funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] US vs EU

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:55:30 -0400

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:28:31 CDT, Brian Loe said:

And I am pretty sure - though I have no proof - that all of these
groups are sharing all kinds of information and I highly doubt this is
a new thing. And for what its worth, I doubt it started with the
Bush/Blair administrations either.

NSA and MI have been trading info on each other's targets for years (ever
since the NSA discovered that the legal prohibition against spying on US
citizens inside the US didn't cover accepting info from *other* spy agencies,
and I think the Brits came to a similar discovery around the same time).