funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] US vs EU

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:57:05 -0400

On 8/28/06, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

This may be a lost in translation thing. A lawsuit is the only way to
change a law in this country. You can sue people, pets, corporations,
govt agencies, states, fish, etc. ;-)

There are lots of ways to change laws - but lawsuits aren't one of them.

whoops! -only +one

"We have had 2,600 years to prove democracy works, and have as of yet
failed to provide such proof"

This is your quote?

Just made it up :-) While I am sure someone else has said it, I havent read it.

Either way, it should be noted that 200 years ago a lot of ink and
paper was spent on explaining why the US is not a democracy and why
democracies don't work. A little later than that a Frenchman explained
it even better, but didn't provide a positive outlook for any
government type (Bastiat, The Law).

The majority of people are morons, so therefore any democracy is
doomed to failure?

-JP