funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft shutters Windows private folders

From: "Michael Simpson" <mikie.simpson () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:51:11 +0100

On 7/17/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 21:32:50 EDT, C Q said:
> can't protect CEO's data either... All I have to do is inject him with
> a poison that activates within 2 hours if an antidote is not given...

Such as?  (Hint - how do you calibrate it so it's lethal in 2 hours,
and not 1 1/2, causing him to keel over before he gives up the secret? Or
after 3 hours, by which point he's been rescued?

And why should he believe you will actually provide the antidote, when you're
probably better off with him dead?  Remember, he's not somebody's 5 year old
kid that will prove a lousy witness in court - he's a C*O, and most of them
don't get there by being stupid.  So you got somebody smart and pissed at you.
Why should you let them go?

OT but

There is an urban myth amongst anaesthetists in the uk that a "secret
service" style outfit would extract info from suspects in the
following way:

1) prepare small dose of very rapid acting neuromuscular blocker
(which causes total paralysis of everything including diaphragm) and
which is rapidly metabolised by body in about 2-3 mins - probably
Succinylcholine

2) give dose intravenously and wait for subject to start suffocating
whilst conscious

3) at point at which breathing would recommence give dose of saline IV
whilst calling it "antidote"

4) explain that if info wasn't forthcoming then 2nd dose would be
given with no hope of antidote

5) proffer pen and paper

another version of the story uses proper doses of something like
Vecuronium with actual use of an antagonist to reverse it

either way it would be a very persuasive method