funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: [privacy] Gas prices and car driving

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 17:16:16 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

On 8/5/06, Andrew Willy <andrewwilly () gmail com> wrote:
Ahh, interesting experiment.  We'll need a moose frame and 1200 lbs of
ballastics gel (I've been watching Mythbusters.)  Someone fashion antlers.

are we talking a bull moose or a cow? and you have to take account of
its general disposition: is s/he feeling content, or rather fed up
with its lot as a moose? what with all the being run over by cars and
such, I would expect the latter.

Also, the attitude of the moose is important. Is it facing you with
antlers down, ready for the impact, or is it facing away, casually grazing
the moss and lichen (no, wait, that's reindeer, moose eat grass, don't
they?), unprepared for the impact?

I hit a cow with my car once. Fortunately, I was only doing a few mph. Or
maybe the cow would have preferred it if I was doing 80?