funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:09:32 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

On 10/24/06, David Lodge <dave () cirt net> wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 05:22:09 +0100, der Mouse
<mouse () rodents montreal qc ca> wrote:
Every religion feels that if you don't believe in their "God" that
you're going to some form of "Hell".
This is not true, actually.  Some religions don't have any kind of
hell.  Some don't have a singular God; some don't even have anything
it's fair to call a "god" at all.  (Examples: Wicca; Shinto; Buddhism;
assorted others.  http://www.religioustolerance.org/ is worth a
look-in.)

Actually I think I'd go a bit further and say that only the Abrahamic
religions (Judism, Christianity, Islam, Mandaeism, Baha'i, which to me are
all the same religion, just with minor differences) have this concept.
Most seem to be pretty ambiguous on what happens after death.

Jews dont have a hell

And heaven isn't a place for anyone except God and the various species
whose names I can't remember.

So, Christianity has a hell. Does Islam? Does Mandaeism, Baha'i?

Hell is run by a *very* tiny minority of religions. And some of those call
it "Heck".