funsec mailing list archives

Re: Largest Ever Online Robbery Hits Swedish Bank

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:54:05 -0600

On 1/19/07, Randall M <randallm () fidmail com> wrote:
I was referring to the fact that they LEARNED well what drugs were and how
to use them! It didn't stop them it only "educated" them to it.

I'll concede that they learn something but not that they "get the
message" or learn what you were trying to teach.

Maybe its not education alone but the amount of exposure of it. The old
saying of teach this generation what you want the next generation to do.
Advertise. Pictures. Pamphlets, etc. If all this cost billions would a few
million spent toward education make a difference? In elections do we not
introduce a new face and convince the public to vote for them? How?
Education. How do you know what you know and what to do? Education.

What I know and what I want to do are results of an education, mostly
its self-education. In other words, I wanted to know it so I learned
it.

An election was a poor choice for an example as well. People who vote
often have no idea who they're voting for or why (see minimum wage
increase), and most people don't vote.

Keeping with the political theme though, people react emotionally to
virtually everything that requires a quick decision - greed and pride
are very popular emotions. "Click here to find out about this latest,
hottest stock!" "James <your last name> died here in Africa, leaving
you the money from his oil!" "Do better in bed, and give her what she
wants!" "You know your good but she wants big too!"

Oh, and then you have that other emotion, "Pass this on and Microsoft
will donate a 1 dollar to save Iraqi children."