funsec mailing list archives

RE: UK expands surveillance of its citizens

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:56:06 -0400

Fly tipping is dumping rubbish illegally and/or inappropriately.
It's a major problem in some areas, in the UK, at any rate, and
I suspect that it's going to get worse as it gets harder to dump
waste legally. Which, in the UK, is almost as difficult
as reporting electronic crimes...

So really, the problem is that the local government has made it so
difficult to remove the trash that people attempt to bypass the law.

In that case, it would seem that, instead of spending vast amounts of
money on cameras and enforcement, simply make it easier to throw out the
trash.

I will say that our area (Clearwater, Fl), the service is extraordinary:
Trash is collected twice weekly, recycled items once weekly and large
items (pretty much anything you want to put on the curb), once weekly.
All at no charge.

It's great, and, of course, there are no problems with "fly tipping".

Alex