funsec mailing list archives

RE: Private trash collection

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:52:45 -0400

Around Boston, some of the suburban towns only have town dumps and do not
provide any trash pickup services.  As everyone understands, it is much more
efficient for folks to individually drive to the  town dump every Saturday
instead of having garbage trucks roam the town streets gathering trash.
Private trash collecting firms can't seem to compete since cars are "free".

In my neighborhood on Cape Cod, the private trash collection firm doesn't
exactly have the best reputation:

   Trash collector guilty in Truro murder
   http://tinyurl.com/2553gb

Richard