funsec mailing list archives

Re: OT: Royalty talk

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 14:02:20 -0400

On Mon, 07 May 2007 13:13:49 EDT, Blanchard_Michael () emc com said:
 Queen Elizabeth (Queen Mum right?)is married?  Yah, I would think her husband would be King.

No, the spouse of a reigning British king or queen is a "Prince/Pricess Consort".

This is contrary to the way it works in other countries, where the pair rule
jointly as king/queen.

  I know of Prince Charles, which is the son of Queen Elizabeth, right?  Then
his sons, both a Prince....  Princess Diana was a princess, married to Prince
Charles.

And her husband, HRH Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh, is 470th or so
in the line of succession, not anywhere *close* to the top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Philip%2C_Duke_of_Edinburgh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_British_throne