funsec mailing list archives

Re: OT: Royalty talk

From: John Payne <john () sackheads org>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 14:46:29 -0400

On May 7, 2007, at 2:34 PM, Brian Loe wrote:

This makes it even more interesting to me - and especially so now that
my wife and I are hooked on that "Tutors" show on Showtime. In it, the
queen is The Queen even though she was only a Spanish princess before
marrying The King of England (good ol' Henry VIII). Also, this Henry

Queen consort (the "consort" bit is usually not verbalised, in the same way as we just refer to Prince Philip as such and not, Prince consort Philip or whatever)

was a Tudor and wasn't he the one that formed the Church of England?

The English crown has past through many families, however during the time around the Oranges and James II (?) an agreement was drawn up to keep Roman Catholics out of the crown, and keep it within one "family" - those that can trace their descent to Sofia of Hannover.... (and were born to married parents to avoid the whole "yes, really, I'm the illegitimate son of your grandfather, so *I* should be king!" debacles).