funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Social Security Card to be National ID?

From: "C Q" <kyle.c.quest () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:20:53 -0400

By no means I meant to say that "wealthy" are saints... In most cases all
they care is money...
and they will step on anybody just to make more money. Our system has indeed
been set up
to benefit the wealthy. There's no question about that...

Indeed, if you look at a lot of recessions wealthy are the reasons behind
it... most specifically
it's their greed... Stock speculation is the perfect example of that. Take
what happened in 2000
with dot coms... they were the driving force behind the speculation, which
resulted in a crash
taking many tech companies along with dot coms. The effects on the middle
class were huge
and we still haven't recovered... and we won't...