funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Social Security Card to be National ID?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:59:18 -0500

On 5/21/07, Alex Eckelberry <AlexE () sunbelt-software com> wrote:
If you're arguing for daycare over a live-in nanny or a babysitter,
that's a difficult one to swallow.

Alex

And it should be. More difficult to swallow, however, is the idea that
nannies are hired in low-income families. In an ideal world a parent
should stay at home with the kids. In my case, my wife did. In other
cases, the father does. In some cases, due to poor planning, no
planning or greed, daycare is required so that both parents can work.

The only people I knew with a nanny had a parent that could stay home,
but either wanted help with the kids or didn't want to stay home, but
lunch and shop all day, every day. In other words, they had money to
blow.