funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Social Security Card to be National ID?

From: "C Q" <kyle.c.quest () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 18:28:02 -0400

I was talking just about the manual labor jobs. This is what H2A and H2B are
for.
Those two types of visas are completely separate from H1B visa, which deals
with
skilled workers. Yes, H1B visas disappear almost instantly, but I wasn't
talking about
that. And the limits on H2A and H2B haven't been reached this year.
Somewhere I even
heard that there's no limit on H2A visas at all (I can't confirm it though
right now),
which means that if indeed there's nobody wanting to pick those strawberries
an employer
can try to get H2A visas to get legal workers from Mexico, but that's not
gonna happen
in most cases. It makes no sense to them... because why go through all that
trouble
and then pay a decent wage when you can get a bunch of illegals who are
already
here and the best thing about that is that you are not governed by law to
properly compensate
them, so you get to pay them as little as you can.

Manual labor and skilled labor are too different things... and they are
handled by different types
of visas. I recommend reading about that a bit :-)