funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Social Security Card to be National ID?

From: "C Q" <kyle.c.quest () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:34:24 -0400

Just a quick note about this statement:

"I'm not "pro" illegal immigration.  We do need reform.  We need to make
it possible to bring in the low-wage earners that keep this country
going.  And we also need to be able to bring in the high-wage earners
that help us remain competitive."

We ALREADY have a way to do that! It's called H2A and H2B visas.

H2A - Temporary or seasonal agricultural workers
H2B - Persons filling temporary jobs that cannot be filled by US citizens or
residents

There are two reasons employers don't use them:

1. They don't know about it.
2. They don't want to pay... because if they use those visas they'd have to
  pay the appropriate way and not pennies that the illegals will work for.

Usually the most likely reason is the reason number 2.