funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Social Security Card to be National ID?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:17:29 -0500

On 5/23/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:00:00 CDT, Brian Loe said:

Yeah, wait until he buys a car with your SSN and drives it back to
Mexico before paying it off. I'd rather explain things to the IRS than
a debt collector any day...seriously.

I wasn't aware that "illegal aliens" were a major player in the "identity
theft" arena.  Got any reputable statistics to back that up?

I don't know what "identity theft" is (I do, but the term is stupid),
but using someone else's SSN is certainly fraud and unless you've been
living in a bunker for the last several years you know that many/most
illegals are using someone else's SSN for work and the like.