funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Social Security Card to be National ID?

From: "Randy Abrams" <abrams () eset com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 17:59:14 -0700

And yet it will not accomplish either. It will add a product line to the black market. Criminals with funding will buy
the technology to beat the ID card, and will also sell excellent counterfeits on the black market, making it harder to
discover an illegal alien. For the law abiding American it will only facilitate government tracking.

It's simply a proposal that no American who values freedom at all could accept as anything less than an assault on the
rights and freedoms of the innocent.

Cheers,

Randy