funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Social Security Card to be National ID?

From: "C Q" <kyle.c.quest () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 10:17:06 -0400

Good point about another document :-)
I think it would make sense to use the passport
as the main federal id document. Unfortunately,
people get only when they have to travel...
I also think that it doesn't make sense to have
50 different types of driver's licenses. There
should be one federal driver's license for all
states. Because each state has its own
license its easier to get away with a fake
document... because there's probably
a couple of people in the entire US who
actually know how those 50 licenses
really look like.