funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Social Security Card to be National ID?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:44:53 -0500

On 5/23/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

(Yes, that's invalid statistics - but I'm not the one who's trying to conflate
illegal aliens and identity theft without showing there's significant linkage.
Even given the premise "Most B engage in A", that doesn't prove that most A
is because of B, unless you can *also* show a lack of non-B causes of A...

Its invalid because you can come up with no better statistics than I
can. But I'm not trying to prove any statistical significance. Rather,
I'm trying to confront your rant in response to an off-handed comment
I made regarding mexicans stealing SSNs and using them to obtain
credit in someone elses name. You want to pretend it doesn't happen or
can't happen or who the hell knows what - the FACTS are, regardless of
statistical evidence, that it DOES happen. If you want more stories
than this just hit google for yourself. I had no hope in the beginning
of changing your mind on anything and won't exert any more energy than
I have trying to counter your ignorance or shameful denial of reality.
As I said before - and its ALL I SAID BEFORE - it happens. I couldn't
care less how often it happens or what the percentage of illegals
doing it versus russians is. All that matters to me is that they are
here illegally and then they continue to break laws while they're
here. Our government - meaning We the People - then pay for it, over
and over.

Now either prove that it has never happened and doesn't happen or find
someone else to argue with - and for your sake make sure they can't
keep on topic any better than you can.

"Sshh...did you smell something?"