funsec mailing list archives

Re: WHAT TIMING!!

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:26:23 -0400

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:13:56 CDT, Brian Loe said:
Oliver but I'm responding to him personally as well as funsec. YOU did
not post "There is no license to kill - for no one and from no one."

Nope.  I never claimed I said that.

And that is the statement I was responding to with the question:

Where does this idea of yours come from? If religious - I"m unaware of
a single religion which forbids killing. If its not, well then, its an
atheist free-for-all - or it comes down to property rights.

But you said that.  So I replied to it.  There isn't any netiquette law that
says that if you reply to somebody on a *public* list, *only* that person
is allowed to comment on your reply.  You said you were unaware of a single
religion, so I gave you 3 fairly well known examples.

Then you tried to divert it into this whole "replying to somebody else's
question", when I was quite obviously, with proper citing, commenting on *your*
statement.  I then had to re-quote it, in case there was something seriously
screwy going on with improper citing notation, and some *other* person was the
one who didn't know any religions.

Now are we clear on what paragraph I was replying to, and who claimed to
write that paragraph, or are we still confused?