funsec mailing list archives

Re: WHAT TIMING!!

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:42:53 -0400

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:29:55 CDT, Brian Loe said:

Thanks for responding to someone else's question - did your filter
fail? Was my signature somehow not in that e-mail?

Odd.. Looked like your question to me.  Quoted material follows, with
*original* citation marks etc as they arrived here:

-- Following is quoted material
From: Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com>

There is no license to kill - for no one and from no one.

Where does this idea of yours come from? If religious - I"m unaware of
a single religion which forbids killing. If its not, well then, its an
atheist free-for-all - or it comes down to property rights.
-- end quoted

And then a follow up:

-- following is quoted material
From: Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com>

It wasn't even that long ago - so, yes, I do. I remember asking you
where you got the idea that there isn't a difference between killing
and murder, I quote, 'cause I'd still like a response:

<Oliver> There is no license to kill - for no one and from no one.</Oliver>

<Brian>Where does this idea of yours come from? If religious - I"m unaware of
a single religion which forbids killing. If its not, well then, its an
atheist free-for-all - or it comes down to property rights.
--- end quoted

So we got one message that asks the question, and then a follow-up that says
you still want a reply, tagging it as "Brian"s question.  So maybe I
answered Brian's question, or did I answer the "some other Brian"s question?

In any case, *somebody* was unaware of what many major religions say.